How Fast Can Water Damage Spread?
Hours one to twenty four
- drywall begins to break down
- Musty odor appears
- furniture beings to get damaged
Two days to a week
- Mold starts to grow and expand
- Metal begins to rust
- Wood flooring beings to swell and warp
- Bio hazard contamination is possible
More than a week
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Health issues may occur with the home owner/occupants inside the house
All this can be prevent by always checking around your home for possible signs of water damage. If something doesn't look right do not hesitate to call SERVPRO as we will come out right away to determine what you have going on. We have the equipment to check around and look into the walls for damage or even unseen damage. Alot times if you catch a water damage fast enough there is a good shot we can dry out everything saving you from having to put claim in or even costing you $1000 of dollars due to uncovered loss.