How to save water damaged paper
Following these steps in order can help save your important paper work that has been damaged by a water loss.
- Carefully move papers to a dry area. It is essential to remove papers from the water as soon as possible.
- Place individual sheets onto plain paper towels and put into direct sunlight.
- To dry books, place paper towels in between the pages and lay the book flat to give its pages room to breathe. Place a paper towel about every twenty pages or so.
- Place a fan near the papers but face it up and away. This is a slow process, but it is necessary to properly dry your papers. Use a real fan, not a hairdryer or other substitute.
- Place paperweights on the edges of each paper to prevent curling.